[IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM]
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 is a service management system (SMS) standard. It identifies necessities for the service provider to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and progress an SMS. The necessities include the design, transition, delivery and development of services to fulfill agreed service necessities.
IISO/IEC 20000 is an international IT standard that permits companies to demonstrate brilliance and confirm best practice in IT management. The standard makes sure companies can achieve evidence-based benchmarks to constantly progress their delivery of IT services. ISO/IEC 20000 was released in 2005 based on the IT infrastructure library best practice framework, and updated in 2011.
IAccording to ISO IEC 20000-1 2011, service suppliers must be capable to show that every necessity is being met if they wish to claim that they comply with this standard. No exclusions are permissible.
IISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 is process-based; certification recognizes organizations that can link business objectives with operating efficiency. Companies that achieve management system certification to ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 have demonstrated efficient implementation of documents and records management, top management’s commitment to their clients, establishment of clear policy, good planning and implementation, good resource management, and capable procedure control, measurement, and analysis. constant development has been institutionalized.
Benefits of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011
- Competitive benefit
- Gives a scale-able standard which can be useful to any size IT operation
- Easy road map to IT Service Management achievement
- ISO/IEC 20000-1 certification gives objective evidence of compliance to ITIL best practices
- Certification drives constant service development
- For internal IT, ISO 20000-1:2011 certification enhances perceived value of IT services
- Third party endorsement of compliance to ITSM best practices.
Performance developments like:
- Improved system availability