ISO 18001 OHSAS
The standard defines the Occupational health & Safety management system requirements to which organization subscribes. The organization develops the program to meet its policy, objectives and regulatory requirements and works towards continual improvement of the work environment and employee health & safety.
An OHSAS 18001 certificate establishes that your organisation is committed to safety and health at the workplace. This proactive approach helps the organization to maintain the better long term relations with employees, contractors.
The standard gives a framework to assess hazards related to processes, work environment and the risks associated. The standard demands to establish the program to reduce the risks and improve upon. The revised standard of 2007 version gives equal importance to occupational health.
An international standard, OHSAS 18001:2007 can integrate with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 for environmental management systems. This is a preferred approach by management so as to take care of the risks related to product, environment and employees.
- Organizational commitment towards Occupational Health & Safety Improvement develop internal system about Occupational Health & Safety Hazard and Risk from process and product Develop Occupational Health & Safety Monitoring Plan covering stage of inspections required to control manufacturing or service delivery process to eliminate, reduce or control health hazards and safety risks.
- HIRA (Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment).
- Increase community faith and stake holder confidence
- Reduce legal obligation related to product, service delivery such as Factory Act, Factory Rules.
- Global market access in terms of export and global recognition.
- Independent of personal competency and high reliability on Occupational Health & Safety management system.
- Reduce Accidents, Reduce Incidents, Reduce Legal Non-Compliance,
- Legal Compliance of Factory Act, Factory Rules, Labor Laws, Petroleum Act, Explosive Rules, prohibition rules, poison rules,Register of Regulation and Operational Control Plan,
- Occupational Health & Safety concerned organizational approach